Thursday, May 1, 2014

Focusing on what's out there.


It seems that during this Spring season, there are a lot of germs in the air, and people are getting different illnesses. 

A lot of times, people are afraid to speak out about being sick because they may hear negative responses, like " We're doing all we can." The importance about opening up about our body is to keep track of what is going on, and then to be able to notice when something's not right, like side effects of medicines. 

I got myself into a tight situation at work, after falling while working outside, and having a hard time getting up. I kept working, and tried to tell people I didn't feel well, but they didn't listen. One of my coworkers spoke up for me, and said I was serious, then they listened. 

The point I want to make is:  opening up also means to express what you are feeling with your body. People need to respect and listen because it could be serious. We also need to follow up with our doctor often to keep up with our body. 

I say that everyone, disabled or not, has a right to speak up and speak out about what is on their mind. A lot of times when people do speak up, a lot of ignorance goes on, and I want to see more people being heard,because often times families don't find out until you get hurt. 

The bottom line is that people need to open up, and the rest of us need to listen harder.


After while crocodile!

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment