Friday, August 29, 2014

I’d like to start this post by telling you I have Epilepsy.



Hello again,

Last week, I went to a support group for people with Epilepsy, and I learned that not a lot of people tend to know about these monthly meetings, and they are having a hard time getting more people to attend regularly. 

At this meeting, they had a representative from the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago speak about different programs offered through their foundation. I found it interesting, because I could talk calmly, and not worry about what I said. 

If you, or anyone in your family has Epilepsy, I would encourage you to find a similar support group in your area.   

I brought this up because after years of controlling my seizures pretty well with medications, I have decided to have a Vagus Nerve Stimulator surgically implanted, in hopes that I can reduce the number of medications, and possibly the dosage of some of the ones I am taking. 

If it works, down the road, it may help me save a lot of money, which we all want. We always have to keep in touch with our doctors in case something comes up. Regular visits help them stay on top of your condition.

Until next time…
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment