Monday, October 27, 2014

Recovery


 After you’ve had a big surgery, you have to go through what they call recovery. 

It’s not always easy though, because even though you have freedom, you aren’t able to do some of the things you want to. It requires a lot of napping, medication may make you drowsy, and you have to be careful of what you eat, because your body isn’t prepared for this yet. It depends on what the surgery is, for my VNS surgery, it has taken me three weeks to recover, some surgeries take longer. 

During that time, things may seem slower and you sometimes may not feel yourself, because it’s a new challenge. What I found, was keeping myself busy by watching my shows, playing games, and keeping my mind off the recovery, has made the time go a little quicker. 

Now, as I get further along, it’s not a worry as much anymore. I am happier, and I am noticing a difference in my mood. I hope it continues to go successfully, and I am not going to worry about it. Being positive about it is not only what makes you stronger, but also it helps your whole body to recover. If you aren’t dwelling on it so much, it passes much quicker, which is why I am where I am today.

Until next time…
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment