Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Family Gatherings


I am going to be seeing both of my brothers this Christmas when my family gets together in sunny California. 

I visited my oldest brother and his family at their house in Colorado this past summer. His two children are very different from my other brother's son, in that they are a few years older, and much more active. 

I am wondering how the commotion of my three young nephews is going to affect me since having my surgery. I am sure they may be curious about my surgery, and I am not sure I will be able to answer their questions. I like speaking in front of groups to tell my life story, but I am not sure how to talk to very young children about it. So I guess I am saying that we need to be careful what we tell our family members, and how we tell them about what is going on in our lives. Everyone has their own doings, and wants, but we can only speak of our own experiences; we can’t speak for everyone. I know that mid-way through you life it becomes harder, because you have more people in your family. You should never be ashamed to ask for help if you need it, that’s one of the things family is about. 

I wish everyone a wonderful holiday season, and a happy new year!

Until next time…

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment