Wednesday, September 23, 2015

How it all began...


...and where I am today.

I got noticed for epilepsy and a mental disability when I was 2 years old. 

I went through childhood with an articulate voice and could describe what people felt like, and had medicine through childhood. Then at 20 years old, I went to a school that helped people to live independently. I was there for 2-4 years. I lived in apartments for a few years, then eventually started at The Center For Independent Futures. I was 43-44 years old then. 

Between 44-45 years old my behavior started changing on me. I was getting scared to go places, and was acting in other crazy ways. So I went to a private doctor to check out my meds. He said my meds were off balance and needed to get them sorted out. 

So we had me go through surgery [which was scary], to put in a Vagus Nerve Stimulator (VNS) inside of me. It is near my heart. I have been behaving better since I had it. My meds have been decreased a few times also. 

At age 46: I am behaving a lot better and feel more myself since I had the VNS. I am glad we did the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment